Your wedding is fast approaching and you’re excited to celebrate with your partner. Beyond this it is also the biggest party you will have throw! When you think Party, you think FUN, right? In a world full of Pinterest weddings, most of which are fictional than real, most women have at least one moment in which they’ve seen a pin and said “I wish I did that at my wedding!”. So here we’re compiled a list of 18 amazingly fun wedding ideas to inspire you to think outside the box (or, beyond the dance floor) and ensure your wedding is a rememberable and exciting.
1. What would be cooler than a live wedding painter to capture your ceremony/reception space and your guests
2. Have your guest’s spin a wedding wheel for changes to win “prizes”
3. Photo booth anyone?!
4. Provide fun coasters that help your guests keep their drinks while dancing.
5. Send guests home with to-go boxes so that they can take cake home.
6. Hire a caricature artist for your reception.
7. Create fun door tags for guests who are traveling and stay overnight at a hotel.
8. Place photos of yourselves at different ages corresponding to table numbers for your guests to enjoy.
9. Play musical chairs around the couple.
10. Polaroid station, have your guests take pics as soon as they arrive and have them pin onto a board, you can cherish for years down the road.
11. Make your ring bearer a ring security guard. Or superhero.
12. Make/buy an inscribed handkerchief for your flower girl that she can save for when she gets married.
13. Arrange food for late night bites. YUM!
14. Add a pop of colour on the tulle under your dress.
15. Honour guests that are not in the wedding party (or can’t be at your wedding).
16. Leave fun facts about yourselves on the tables
17. Pop champagne before the ceremony!
18. Get your dog involved (bow tie optional)
19. Pin something sentimental on your bouquet.
20. Make your own Instagram hashtag that your guests can use. It’s fun for them, and it also allows you to see the pictures your guests uploaded to Instagram in one simple search.
21. Play The Shoe Game at your reception. Rule #1: the groom and bride should be seated back to back and each hold one of their partners’ shoes and one of their own. Rule #2: the maid-of-honour, best man, and other guests read a list of “who” questions about the relationship (i.e.“Who does most of the cooking?”, “Who made the first move?”, etc.) Rule #3: simultaneously the bride and groom hold up the shoe of the person who best fits the answer.
22. On your wedding day write each other love letters and seal them closed in a box with a bottle of your favourite wine or champagne. Open the box on any given anniversary you both choose.
23. On the morning of the wedding have the groom write a personal message to the bride, on the bottom of her shoe.
24. Give each table a song name or lyric. The whole table has to get up and dance, when their song plays. Or if you’re planning on a buffet dinner, the song could be the table’s cue to get food.
25. Get a bounce house for your reception.